It’s ribs, ribs, spare ribs all the way. This Texas-styled recipe with a twist is a welcome change from the usual barbecue-sauce version.
Time: 2.5 hours (Prep: 20 min. / Grill: 1.5 hours)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 pounds spare ribs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Mix the first 6 ingredients; rub over ribs. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Wrap rib racks in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat until tender, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place ribs over direct heat; brush with some of the glaze. Grill, covered, over medium heat until browned, 25-30 minutes, turning and brushing ribs occasionally with remaining glaze.
*Enjoy your barbecue, the outdoors, and the grilling time. Always be cautious and never leave open flames unattended for any prolonged length of time.