Commission-Based Sales Rep
We are looking for eager and energetic individuals to partner with the Permian Basin’s premiere integrity-based news media outlet. First and foremost, commission-based sales representatives for ‘The B’ must be honest and upfront with current and potential advertisers and web visitors. Benefits for the position include:
- Work at your own pace.
- Flexible schedule and hours.
- Unlimited income potential.
- Work full or part time.
*This position is being offered as “commission-based only”. It may be upgraded and offered to potential candidate as a “salary-plus-commission” position, based on performance.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Two years or more of sales experience is preferred. Prior news media background and knowledge considered a bonus. Need to possess the ability to work with the general public and customers in one-on-one situations. Familiarity and knowledge of cold-calling procedures preferred.
- Solicit and sell advertising space either by telephone or in person and/or develop new clients.
- The ability and skill to effectively communicate and interact personally or by telephone with customers and clients in a professional and courteous manner is essential.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, business correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to utilize all forms of communication including: e-mail, text, and instant messaging.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and rates.
- Ability and skill to establish exceptional customer relations involving the general public, community groups, chambers, and associations is necessary.
- Ability and skill to effectively interact and present presentations to customers and management to motivate and negotiate new innovative sales ideas.
- Must have a reliable source of transportation to enable the individual to reach and service clients personally.
- Ability and skill to use e-mail, texting, and internet browsers.
For inquiries about the position or to submit resume,
email – HR@BasinReport.com
About The Basin Report
Owned and operated in the Permian Basin, ‘The B’ launched in May 2020 with one goal – to provide unbiased and accurate information to a community we have been a part of for over 30 years. Our reporting and news gathering has no corporate or network affiliate influence, which means… we research and present the facts and allow our readers viewers to form their own opinion. Our mission is to factually expose those doing wrong, while showcasing those in our community that are doing right and making the Permian Basin a better place to live.