Bringing a little treat from the Hawaiian Islands to your grilled chicken. This sweet and savory glaze is fantastic on pork chops, too.
Time: 35 min. (Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Small can crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/2 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between 2 large shallow dishes. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side; baste occasionally with reserved marinade.
*Enjoy your barbecue, the outdoors, and the grilling time. Always be cautious and never leave open flames unattended for any prolonged length of time.