A South Pacific influenced blend of meat and veggies, prepared in a tangy marinade. A hearty next day grilling treat for family and friends.
Time: 35 min. (Prep: 20 min. plus marinading / Grill: 15 min.)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or substitute)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 lbs. beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 2 small zucchini / squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- For marinade, mix first four ingredients. Place beef and half of the marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and reserve remaining marinade. Refrigerate beef and marinade overnight.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread vegetables and, on separate skewers, thread beef with pineapple. Discard remaining marinade in bag. Grill, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender and beef reaches desired doneness, roughly 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil, stirring occasionally; cook 1 minute. Remove vegetables, pineapple and beef from skewers before serving. Serve with sauce.
*Enjoy your barbecue, the outdoors, and the grilling time. Always be cautious and never leave open flames unattended for any prolonged length of time.